2017 FRESHWATER COMMUNITY BANK TERTIARY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Congratulations to the students who were awarded the Freshwater Community Bank Tertiary Scholarship Award.
Hiranya Patel, Aaron Skilton, Sofie Rejto, Robert Cantwell, Ivica Covic, Olivia Flower, Angus Gilbert, Grace Joseph, Michael Regan ( former Warringah Council Mayor) and Peter Harley (FCB Scholarship Director)
Congratulations to the following students who each received the Freshwater Community Bank Tertiary Scholarship Award:
NBSC Mackellar Campus
NBSC Freshwater Senior Campus
NBSC Manly Selective Campus
NBSC Cromer Campus
NBSC Balgowlah Campus
St. Augustine’s College, Brookvale
St Luke’s Grammar School, Dee Why
Stella Maris College, Manly
St Paul’s College, Manly
Also a special mention to Olivia Flower who also received the Ken Ward Memorial Scholarship.
The 2017 nominations were adjudicated by our expert panel, represented by the following individuals:
- Brian Leonard – Inaugural Principal of Freshwater Senior Campus NBSC
- John O’Brien former Principal St Augustine’s College Brookvale
- Thomas Gee former Head of PDPHE at Narrabeen Sports High School
- Mark Rendell, Vice President & Board Director Dee Why RSL Club
- Louise Roberts New Editor of the Manly Daily
- Adele Heasman for Mike Baird MP, Member for Manly & NSW Premier
- Peter Harley, Director Harbord Financial Services Ltd / Freshwater Community Bank® and Secretary of the Panel.
Each year the Board allocates $50,000 towards the Freshwater Community Bank® tertiary Scholarship program, where 9 recipients were nominated by their respective School Principal.
On nomination all will receive $1000.
If the students were listed on the NSW Board of Studies “All Rounder list” they receive a further $4000 towards their first year University Undergraduate degree.
The Ken Ward Memorial Scholarship winner is then selected from the “All Rounders” by the above Panel and receives a further $10000 for the next two years University Undergraduate degree totalling $15,000 in scholarship payment.
Tertiary Scholarship Awards Program and Recipients: