WANT TO BE AN AMBASSADOR OR A DIRECTOR?
“We welcome your interest in making a contribution to your community by inviting you to apply for an honorary voluntary position at Freshwater Community Bank® Branch .”
This is an opportunity to make a difference and add value to your community in an exciting and unique way.
We are endeavouring to develop a second tier of advocates that can be called upon to assist us in engaging the community, telling our story, attending functions and developing our customer base further. Some of these will be selected from the current willing informal helpers who can then be more formally recognised. Some may wish only to serve in this manner. Others who wish to be more involved may be offered a Directorship after an orientation period as an Ambassador.
Herewith is a brief overview of what we are about and your commitment.
The Ambassador’s role
This is a voluntary role to assist the directors with the promotion of Harbord Financial Services and the Freshwater Community Branch of Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited.
Freshwater Community Branch now sponsors over 60 different community associations and needs to be represented at many community events. The directors feel best way to obtain more community involvement is to seek expressions of interest from people in the community who may wish to assist us in our community.
The duties would include but would not be limited to:
- Representing HFS and Freshwater Community Bank® Branch at community events
- Bringing extra expertise to assist the directors with their duties
- Promote HFS and Freshwater Community Bank® Branch
- Become involved in helping the Freshwater community
- The Ambassador would attend designated Ambassador meetings with the board but would not attend board meetings
- Ambassadors are subject to police and other probity checks required by Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
- After a period of time Ambassadors would form part of the succession planning to replace any directors that leave the board. Note the shareholders have to approve the appointment of any new director at the Annual General Meeting
It is estimated that overall your initial contribution on a time line basis would amount to approximately but not limited to 8 hours a month.
Further Involvement-a progression to a Directorship
After a suitable orientation period as an Ambassador to establish suitability from both perspectives, yours and ours, and your application, and provided you wish to continue, and a vacancy occurs, a Directorship can be offered.
The term of a Directorship is three years by rotation. You will be inducted as a Director mid-term and then recommended for a full term at the AGM that year. Each Board member shall be involved with at least one sub board suited to their skill base or interests.
It is estimated that overall your contribution on a time line basis would amount to approximately but not limited to 12 hours a month.
We are looking for people passionate about our community to assist us in taking our bank forward, to further assist our community in the years ahead.
Please follow this link to the appropriate application form, complete and return with attached references to the branch.